Contact Us Today
Birmingham Water Heater Repair and Installation
Tank Water Heaters
Tankless Water Heaters
Give Coleson Plumbing a call if you are in Birmingham or surrounding areas, at
Are you looking to switch from a tank to a tankless water heater? Here’s what you need to know.
Having plumbing problems at home can definitely stress you and your family out. Imagine not having to be able to go to work or school because your water system is not functioning properly. Prolonging these issues may give you sleepless nights and could cause further trouble in your daily functions at home. If you get caught in this situation, contact Totally Tankless, Inc. right away!
Are you remodeling your home? Do you need assistance with the installation of new plumbing fixtures to replace those old malfunctioning ones? Whether you need help with installing the small things like your faucet or seek assistance in laying down big and heavy things like your bathtub, you will need a reputable company with skills and experience to handle these crucial jobs.
Coleson Plumbing ensures that you are provided with both convenience and peace of mind. We guarantee our services, ranging from 6 months to 10 years, depending on the service.
Being in the Birmingham plumbing services industry for many years, Coleson Plumbing has made thousands of residents happy and satisfied with our plumbing work. With your convenience as our main goal, we continue to give Birmingham residents, Mountain Brook residents, Greystone residents, Chelsea residents, Cahaba Heights residents, and all areas surrounding top-of-the-line residential plumbing needs.
For many years, tankless water heaters have been used in many cities in Japan and in Europe. In the US, it was not until energy-efficient technologies became the trend when residents and business owners started to seek alternative options.
A tankless water heater is sometimes referred to as an “on-demand” or “instant” water heater because this machine produces hot water only when it is needed. Once you open the hot water tap, you are sending the cold water down to the heater. Once water is settled, the heating elements are turned on. The heat can be adjusted and the amount of energy used is always relative to the quantity of water being utilized. The whole system shuts down as soon as you tap the hot water off, therefore putting energy usage to a stop.
Unlike traditional water heaters where hot water is stored and the machine is only put on standby when not in use, a tankless water heater is only turned on when you need it, or only when there is a demand from the users. You save the energy you would usually consume with a traditional heater that is turned on all day and all night, and the users can enjoy the heater without the slightest possibility that it will run out of water. Your family can enjoy hot water whether you are the first or last to shower.
Birmingham homeowners as well as owners of businesses, such as restaurants, salons, spas, and gyms, will definitely benefit from using the tankless water heater(s). Not only will they contribute to an improved environment, but they will also save up to 60% of the usual energy spent on the traditional tankless water heater(s).
Coleson Plumbing is one of the few trusted contractors serving Birmingham and surrounding cities. We are the experts in Tankless Water Heater Installation, Repair, and Replacement. If you would like to avail of the benefits of a tankless water heater and you are located in Birmingham and/or nearby areas, please give us a call at (205) 789-0200.
There are many reasons why residents and business owners in Birmingham and surrounding cities like Mountain Brook, Greystone, Chelsea, and Cahaba Heights, that have now decided to switch to the tankless water heater. Here are some of its benefits:
- Convenience – Enjoy comfort and convenience 24/7. The tankless water heater will not fail you in providing hot water any time of the day as it produces hot water continuously without compromising your use of energy.
- Space Saving – If you are looking to install a water heater but are worried there is not enough space for it, the tankless water heater could be your best solution. This comes in various types and sizes and you can pick the size depending on your need and available space. Mount it on the wall or install it outdoors, and enjoy all-day and all-night availability of hot water.
- Energy-efficiency and Eco-Friendliness – Save up to 40% in electric use when you use a tankless water heater instead of the traditional one. Unlike a traditional water heater, a tankless water heater only uses electricity when the faucet is turned on. No energy is consumed when you are sleeping or when you are not home, and no dollar is wasted. In the long run, you’ll realize just how valuable those savings can turn out to be. And because it is energy-efficient, tankless water hears are way more efficient than a 50-gallon tank water heater. Yes, around 30% more efficient than the traditional one!
- Reliable and Durable – Tankless water heaters are designed to stand the test of time. And because these water heaters do not store hot water when not in use, the interior of the machine is not vulnerable to rusting and scaling.
- Safety First – Finally, the specially designed tankless water heater is equipped with safety features that allow it to produce safe and contaminant-free hot water.
Some residents and business owners in Birmingham and nearby cities have already switched to using the tankless water heater. However, there are still those who prefer to utilize their traditional, ordinary, tank heaters. So you can make an informed decision when you call Coleson Plumbing to schedule for installation, we strongly suggest that you first learn the differences (and similarities) of these two types of the water heater.
If you are on a tight budget but really need to have a water heater installed in your home, or if your business operation depends on the presence of water heaters, the best option for you would have to be tank water heaters. This is simply because they cost lower than the tankless one. Logically speaking, tankless water heaters are pricier because they use a more advanced technique to produce hot water. And because they have been created for energy efficiency and durability, the materials used in creating this machine are more expensive than those used in conventional heaters.
Meanwhile, if you are looking for an energy-efficient water heater that can produce you volumes of safe hot water, then the tankless water heater is your better choice. If you are a family of 6 and more, running out of hot water happens all the time. The specially designed tankless water heater does not store hot water; it heats the cold water as soon as you open it. On the other hand, conventional water heaters store hot water and require you to keep it open – or else your water will lose its warmth. This is why tankless water heaters have the advantage when it comes to energy consumption. You get to enjoy the unlimited hot water while paying lower electricity bills.
Finally, you might ask which is better suited for the climate of your city. Since Birmingham is blessed with a decent climate, this factor does not really play a big part when choosing the type of water heater. However, if there are times that your community experiences power failures, then a tankless water heater will make a big difference. This is because ordinary heaters cannot take having to be turned on and off many times. Its heat exchangers can crack easily. That is not going to be a cheap repair.
A tankless water heater looks and functions differently than a traditional water heater. Because of this, it requires a different type of care to maintain its optimum condition. The good thing about a tankless water heater is that it is very easy to maintain so long as you follow the advice of the manufacturer or your technician. Here are some pointers to remember when you have a tankless water heater installed in your home or workplace:
- Regularly flush the unit to remove mineral deposits that have built up over the months. These deposits will not serve any good to your machine so make sure that you get them off your unit every month. If you intend to do this on your own, you can pump two to three gallons of white vinegar or any other low-grade acid into your machine. However, we strongly suggest that you ask the help of a professional to handle this job.
- If you have hard water, it is probably time that you use a water softener. Hard water can cause the above-mentioned mineral deposits as well as limescale buildup and cause erosion. Consult a plumber to check on your type of water.
- Check the electric wiring of your water heater. Make sure that they are free from chipping. If you find that a portion has been chipped, use electric tape to cover the area.
- Finally, have Coleson Plumbing perform annual maintenance checkups on your tankless water heater. This is particularly important because only certified technicians who know the ins and outs of your machine can accurately pinpoint any problem. They will be able to repair your heater or replace it if needed.
One of the advantages of using a tankless water heater is its energy efficiency. The ability of this machine to save energy is remarkable not only because it lowers your electric consumption but also because this makes it environmentally friendly.
Did you know that you can save up to 40% of your electric consumption with a tankless water heater? Yes, it has been found that this relatively new technology is able to have you saving almost half of the usual energy you would consume with a traditional water heater. This is because tankless water heaters have been designed for less power consumption.
So what does this mean? Here are some of the reasons why you should consider the tankless water heater:
- Save up to 40% on your electric bill. The very reason why many Birmingham home and business owners have decided to switch from a tank water heater to a tankless water heater is that it has its financial benefits. That is, of course, if you were to use less electricity, you will need to pay less on your electric bill. Over time, you will realize that the amount you save on your electric consumption can offset the amount you may have used when you buy the tankless water heater and have it installed.
- Save the environment. When the call for energy-efficient appliances began, manufacturers of water heaters were among those who actively participated. This significant historical moment resulted in the creation of tankless water heaters which use environmentally friendly materials. With the use of a tankless water heater, you can eliminate waste bi-products, avoid costly remediation costs, and contribute to preventing depletion of the ozone layer. As a long-term effect, it also does its part in thwarting habitat loss and threats to biodiversity.
- Get to enjoy tax benefits. Finally, a tankless water heater will have you receiving a significant amount of federal tax credit. This is on top of the amount of money you will save from your electric consumption. Who wouldn’t want to get tax credits ranging from $300 to $1,500?
Many residents who are looking to have a water heater installed in their homes or businesses in Birmingham and surrounding cities like Mountain Brook, Greystone, Chelsea, and Cahaba Heights, would always ask this one significant question – is a tankless water heater expensive? As your trusted tankless water heater in Birmingham, our answer is yes and no.
It is a fact that tankless water heaters cost more than the usual tank water heater. This is because a tankless water heater is more hi-tech, equipped with electromechanical valves, microprocessors, flow regulators, temperature sensors, and other advanced materials. With all these and more, one should expect that to manufacture a tankless water heater is really more costly.
Then there are those who claim that the installation of a tankless water heater is more expensive than that of a traditional water heater. This is particularly not true. We recommend that you speak with one of our technicians to get a quote on the price of installing your tankless water heater.
You may now be asking why despite being a bigger investment than the normal water heater, why are they still the better choice for home and business owners in Birmingham? It’s simply because of the better return on investment. Think about the benefits that you will get when you use a tankless water heater. You have lower electric consumption and thus, you are charged less by your electric company. You also receive federal tax credits because you are using an energy-efficient appliance. Last and probably the noblest of all these advantages, you contribute to a better environment.
When it comes to a reliable and comfortable hot water supply, nothing compares to a new ENERGY STAR® water heater. At Coleson Plumbing, we specialize in Birmingham water heater installations and replacements, and our team of experts has the knowledge and expertise to handle all types of water heaters. We understand the importance of having a sufficient hot water supply in your home, and we are dedicated to helping you find the right unit that meets your needs.
Whether you are considering a traditional water heater tank or tankless technology, our team is eager to discuss the benefits of each option with you. We can help you choose the most suitable unit for your home based on your hot water usage and preferences. With our years of experience in the industry, you can trust that we will provide you with reliable and efficient water heater services that meet your expectations.
If you are in need of a new water heater installation or replacement in Birmingham, rely on the experts at Coleson Plumbing for top-quality service and results. We are committed to ensuring that your hot water needs are met with the highest level of professionalism and expertise.
If you have been experiencing any of the following issues with your water heater, don’t hesitate to give us a call:
- No hot water: If you have no hot water at all, it could be a sign of a faulty heating element, a tripped breaker, or a malfunctioning thermostat. We can diagnose the problem and provide you with the necessary repairs or replacement.
- Foul-smelling or discolored water: If you notice a strange odor or color in your hot water, it could be due to sediment buildup, bacteria growth, or rust inside the tank. We can flush the tank and provide you with a solution to ensure that your water is clean and safe to use.
- Leaking from the water heater tank: If you notice any water pooling around the base of your water heater, it could be a sign of a leak. We can inspect the tank and determine if it needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Shortage of hot water: If you are running out of hot